About Brooke's Book Blog

Well... Since I currently don't have a job, and in an effort to not become stupid, I have decided to read Newsweek's Top 100 books over the next three (maybe four) years. Thoughts and details to follow.


Sunday, April 17, 2011

Flight to ATL

I finished "Catcher in the Rye." I didn't love it. My friend Erin thinks that maybe its because I didn't grow up on the East Coast in the worth of prep school. It was well written, and an easy read, I just didn't really enjoy it.

I also finished "Night." It was an incredible book, but it is probably the saddest book I have ever read. I cried on the airplane. It is short, but such a powerful account of the atrocities of the Holocaust. It is a true story which makes it even harder to read.

Started Volume One of the Second World War. It is actually very interesting. Although Churchill really likes to blame America. Too bad I have to read 3600 pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment