About Brooke's Book Blog

Well... Since I currently don't have a job, and in an effort to not become stupid, I have decided to read Newsweek's Top 100 books over the next three (maybe four) years. Thoughts and details to follow.


Thursday, July 28, 2011

Finished 44 books...

I have finished "Slaughterhouse Five," "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" and "Invisible Man." Slaughterhouse Five was not at all what I expected and it was fantastic. One of my favorites so far. The Heart is a Lonely Hunter was average. Or perhaps below average. It follows four different characters who are tied together by their friendship with a mute. Who doesn't really appear to care much about them anyway in the end. It was similar in style to a Light in August... which was just so much better. Invisible Man was incredible. It might be in my list of top 4 or 5 so far. Which makes sense because it is ranked 6th. It is hard to describe and at first I wasn't sure if I liked it. But in the end I thought it was incredible.

I am halfway through World War II Volume II... at the Battle of Britain. It is moving slower than the first Volume. I plan to finish that and then I am on to Anna Karenina.

No comments:

Post a Comment