About Brooke's Book Blog

Well... Since I currently don't have a job, and in an effort to not become stupid, I have decided to read Newsweek's Top 100 books over the next three (maybe four) years. Thoughts and details to follow.


Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Divine Comedy

It took awhile to read, but I am finished. Dante's Inferno was really good, and I think it is an important thing to have read. There are so many everyday references and sayings that come from it. The Purgatorio and Paradiso were interesting, but I think that something was definitely lost in the translation. Not really my kind of reading. And now I know several small bits of Italian history that don't really fit together at all and aren't very useful.

I am about halfway through Catch-22, and I am really enjoying it. It is set during World War II, and since I have been reading so much about that time period, it is really interesting. I also finished Unbroken for book club. Great story about an Olympic athlete who ends up being a Japanese POW in World World II. Although it was fairly poorly written.

I am looking forward to starting Volume II of Churchill's World War II.

No comments:

Post a Comment