About Brooke's Book Blog

Well... Since I currently don't have a job, and in an effort to not become stupid, I have decided to read Newsweek's Top 100 books over the next three (maybe four) years. Thoughts and details to follow.


Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I might be done.

"The Social Contract" was fairly boring. But I am done reading it. Maybe I am just not smart enough to read political science books anymore. Or maybe I just don't care. Or maybe it was just not all that interesting.

I am supposed to have "Night" delivered to me, but so far Amazon is not coming through for me. Not sure where it is.

I drew a few more books... I am cheating more and more. I now draw two or three at a time to save trips to half price books. I drew "Catcher in the Rye," "Eminent Victorians" and finally... the dreaded "The Second World War." My first step is to figure out how to acquire these books because rumor has it they may be out of print. My brother read them in law school, so he has four or five of them. Once he lets me know which ones he has, I am going to try half price books. They had a couple volumes, but I didn't know which ones I needed. After that... Amazon. Although I haven't been impressed by Amazon's ability to deliver books to me. I think I will read one volume, take a break, and then read another. And so on for six volumes until I finish approximately 3600 pages of World War II history.

Also... I borrowed "The Fountainhead" from my brother about 6 years ago and now I need to find it to give it back. It was good. Kind of surprised Ayn Rand didn't make the list.

1 comment:

  1. Uh oh...Churchill will be tough. I keep thinking you've read a ton of books and then I see the list of ones to be read and its still so long! Eek.

    ReplyDelete