About Brooke's Book Blog

Well... Since I currently don't have a job, and in an effort to not become stupid, I have decided to read Newsweek's Top 100 books over the next three (maybe four) years. Thoughts and details to follow.


Wednesday, March 30, 2011

One Flew East, One Flew West

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest was excellent. Way better than I expected. The narrator, who in the book pretends to be deaf and dumb, tells the story of the patients and staff in a mental hospital, and the change that occurs once the ward's soon to be hero, Randle Patrick McMurphy, arrives. I would definitely recommend it.

I am now reading "The Social Contract" by Rousseau and "Age of Innocence" by Edith Wharton. "Age of Innocence" is very well written and provides an interesting portrait of 1870's New York society. "The Social Contract" is boring but short.

No comments:

Post a Comment