About Brooke's Book Blog

Well... Since I currently don't have a job, and in an effort to not become stupid, I have decided to read Newsweek's Top 100 books over the next three (maybe four) years. Thoughts and details to follow.


Monday, January 9, 2012

50 Books Finished!

I am halfway done! I finished Middlemarch. It was excellent. I really became attached to the characters. It had a similar feel to Anna Karenina... it was a long book covering a significant period of time in the characters lives. But in the end, I really liked most of the characters as opposed to Anna Karenina, so it was more enjoyable.

I am now going to finish reading Ulysses (yuck) and read The History of the Peloponnesian War. It is actually pretty interesting, but I think it will be a slow read. I need to start WWII Volume 3 as well, but I need to borrow it from Adam. Long books right now. And then there is still Proust. But I am putting that off for a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment